The Paddlefish Experiment
On March 5th, Caddo Lake Institute, wildlife officials and other partners released four dozen American paddlefishes into Caddo Lake and Big Cypress Bayou as part of an experiment. The paddlefish is the oldest animal species in North America. We invited a small number of press to join us for the exciting event.
News Stories, Blogs and Videos:
- ABC News blog - "Prehistoric Paddlefish Makes Return to Texas Lake", March 6, 2014
- Associated Press article - "Texas Lake Welcomes Back Paddlefish, Gone for Years", March 5, 2014 (This story was picked up by over 150 news outlets across the country.)
- Fox News-Dallas video story
- Marshall News-Messenger article and video - "Ebb and Flow: Paddlefish Reintroduced to Caddo Lake", March 6, 2014
- Longview CBS affiliate news story - "Prehistoric Fish is Reintroduced to an Old Home", March 6, 2014
- Red River Radio article and audio story - "Dinosaur Era Paddlefish Once Again Inhabit Caddo Lake", March 6, 2014
- RFD-TV's show "Out on the Land" episode about the paddlefish project - "Paddlefish Returned to Caddo Lake" (Season 3, Episide 39)
- Shreveport Times article - "Prehistoric Paddlefish Released into Caddo Lake", March 18, 2014
- Tyler Morning Telegraph article - "Project Attempts to Bring Back Fish", March 6, 2014
- Tyler Morning Telegraph article - "Paddling Upstream: Cooperative Effort Helping Bring Paddlefish Back to Texas", March 8, 2014
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department video of the paddlefish release.
Nature Conservancy video of paddlefish release.
Marshall News-Messenger video of the paddlefish release.
For more information, please visit our Paddflefish Experiment project webpage.